Welcome to the freshly painted Argument and Opinion Essay Writing site. Here you will find tips on how to write short argument and opinion compositions.
This site is aimed mainly at learners of English who have to write 250-400 word essays for IELTS (Cambridge’s International English Language Testing System) or TWE, the Test of Written English for TOEFL. But everyone else is welcome too!
In these exams, you often have to write 250 words or so in 30 or 40 minutes. It’s not very difficult, as long as you (1) don’t panic and (2) have a plan.
What do you want to do now?
- Learn a step-by-step approach to writing argument and opinion essays
- Look at the different parts of an essay
- Try some topics
- Read some model essays
- Find out more about this site.
- Have a look at a sample essay in Flash: Should governments spend money on art that people don’t understand?
- New! You can find new sample essays here. See how they are put together!
Write this essay in the forum! See what other people think of your writing!
We’ve done a lot of renovation on the site, so if something is lost or not working, please tell us.
New essays and comments by people in the forum!
See how other learners are writing – add your comments and upload your essays!