This page has a list of some of the older argument and opinion essays on this site. But please check out the new argument and opinion essays and other IELTS essays here!
Animal Testing: Should we use animal testing for medicine, cosmetics, chemicals and food products?
- Animal Testing 1 267 words, simple 3773 layout
- Animal Testing 2 311 words, 35553 layout
- Animal Testing 3 321 words, longer essay, more balanced
Education: Many people now have degrees. Does this make a degree less important?
- Education is becoming less important (313 words, 35553 layout)
- Education is becoming less important (376 words)
- Education is still very important (339 words, 3773 layout)
Dangerous Sports: Should sports such as boxing and motor-racing be banned?
- Will telecommuting change the world?
- Should rich countries help poorer countries?
- Do small children learn more quickly than adults?
- Should smoking be banned?
- Are security cameras taking away our privacy?
- Should governments spend money on art? (Long essay)
- Should governments spend money on art? (short essay)
- Should people be forced to retire at 65?
- Is home schooling (teaching children at home) the right choice?
Physical Punishment of Children: Should parents smack, slap or hit their children to correct misbehavior?
Problem and Solution Essays
The layout of a problem and solution essay is almost the same as an argument essay. Have a look at these two.
Organizing Argument Essays
- Five Steps: Step 1: How To Write Argument Essays
- Step 2: Vocabulary
- Step 3: Ideas
- Step 4: Layout of argument essays
- Step 5: Write!
But please check out the new argument and opinion essays and IELTS essays here!