1: Read and Underline Key Words
Should governments spend money on space exploration, or should they spend the money on problems here first?
2: Write Down Other Words with the Same Meaning
- Governments = nations, countries, authorities, politicians
- Spend = allocate, give, allot, provide, budget, make available, waste, award
- Space exploration = space program, trips to the moon, the international space station, planets, planetary voyages
- Money = budgets, taxes, resources,
- Problems = concerns, issues, worries, disasters, threats, threatening, war, famine, poverty, education, homelessness, drugs, global warming
- Here = on earth, in our own countries, closer to home, in developing countries, foreign aid
3: Use Your New Words in the Introduction
With many global concerns such as war, poverty, hunger and pollution, many people do not think that nations should waste money on exploring space. (One side) However, others are convinced that expenditure on space programs is justified. (Other side)
4: Add a Thesis
With many global concerns such as war, poverty, hunger and pollution, many people question whether nations should waste money on exploring space. However, others are convinced that expenditure on space programs is justified. This essay will examine some arguments for and against space exploration. (Thesis)
What do you want to do now?