Step 1: Read and Underline Key Words
Are zoos cruel to wild animals?
Step 2: Write Down Words with the Same Meaning
- Zoos = nature reserves, wildlife parks, animal sanctuaries, circuses, wilderness areas, tasteless exhibitions, stuffy, crowded, exciting, interesting, fascinating
- Cruel = psychologically damaging, insulting, frightening, stressful, brutal, restricting, noisy, dirty, hot, overcrowded, unnatural, not normal, (Opposite)
- conservation, kind, well-treated, saved from extinction, well looked after
- Wild = nature, natural, proud, free, endangered, not pets for man, should be free, in danger, habitat, ecosystem, environment, natural home
- Animals = animals, plants, natural environment, birds, big cats, predators, extinct, in trouble, not enough land.
Step 3: Use Your New Words in the Opening Sentences
Many people have had their first experience of animals from visiting zoos as children, and feel that they are important for education and conservation. (One side) However, others feel that zoos are unnatural and are stressful and cruel for animals. (Other side)
Step 4: Add a Thesis
Many people have had their first experience of animals from visiting zoos as children, and feel that they are important for education and conservation. However, others feel that zoos are unnatural and are stressful and cruel for animals. This essay will discuss the importance of zoos and their essential role in conserving endangered wildlife. (Thesis)
What do you want to do now?
- Learn more about vocabulary
- Look at Introductions (recommended)
- Look at Thesis sentences