Cause and Effect: Home
Cause and Effect essays can be organized in just the same way as Argument and Opinion essays. You need four paragraphs: an introduction, a body with at least two paragraphs, and a conclusion.
These two presentations show some ways to organize a Cause and Effect essay.
- Traffic Congestion in Abu Dhabi How to write Introductions, Cause paragraphs, Effect paragraphs and Conclusions. (Right-click and save to your desktop. 146kb)
- Destruction of the Rainforest. A Powerpoint presentation about Causes and Effects (Right-click and save to your desktop. 550kb)
- Why is Fast Food so popular in the UAE? Outline and Full essay
- Traffic in Abu Dhabi: a short essay, and a longer essay.
- Obesity in the UAE
- The UAE Marriage Fund. Has it succeeded? Why was it set up?
- Adverb Clauses. Advanced. A graded multiple-choice quiz on adverb clauses from a4esl.org
- A gapfill exercise on smoking.
- Try this matching exercise.
- Worksheet for Cause and Effect essay on the Destruction of the Rainforest
- Try this activity on Causes of Hunger
Interactive Essays from publishers Holt Rinehart and Winston.
- Causes and Effects of Drought: An interactive essay. You can also download a printable version.
- Causes and Effects of Fire in Yellowstone National Park: activities and exercises. (PDF, 550 kb)
- A PDF file with the above reading on the causes and effects of fire in Yellowstone National Park and some questions. (PDF, 122kb)
- Causes and Effects: Students and Part-Time Work. You can also download a printable version.
Other essays and readings
- The effects of living in a foreign country. A student’s cause and effect essay.
- Smoking: Cause and Effect. From the publisher Houghton Mifflin.
- A cause and effect essay about overcrowding in Mexico from eslbee.com.
- Do television programs influence children? A student essay from the excellent EssayForum.com website.
- Cause and effect of marine pollution – an essay by an Emirati student in the US.
More Difficult Essays
- Fast Food: An advanced essay from Glasgow University about the reasons for the popularity of fast food in the UK. Here’s an an outline for the essay.
- BBC article on the causes and effects of urbanization.
- OneStopEnglish.com cause and effect essay and activity on Cities and Overcrowding.
- Try this Google Search for links to cause and effect essay writing for EFL students
Try these Cause and Effect topics
- In some countries, the government encourages the citizens to marry and have families. What are the reasons for this, and what have been some results?
- Identify causes of water pollution and its consequences.
- Many people prefer to work in the public sector, rather than in the private sector. What are the reasons for this, and what effects does it have on a country?
- Diabetes and heart attacks are on the rise in many countries. What are the main causes of this, and what effects could this have for individuals and the government?
- What are some of the causes of global warming? What could some of the effects be?