Please help out and comment on each other. Here's a few tips
You don’t have to rewrite their essay or even know the exact mistake - you just have to say a few words.
- "I didn’t understand the last part of your second paragraph.
- "You need a better topic sentence.
- "You need to write shorter sentences.
- "Your ideas are really great, but you need more examples in Paragraph Three
- "Your conclusion was off-topic.
- "This is not a full sentence: “While you were writing”
- "Check your punctuation.
- "I think your essay is well-organized, but…
- "Your conclusion is too long.
- "I think simpler words would improve your essay. For example, what does “efficacious” mean?
You can check the official descriptors for IELTS Task 2 Writing (public version) here.
Don't be afraid about criticizing. A good comment that helps someone to fix a mistake or re-organize their essay is much better than just saying "Really great essay" or "This is too cool, dude." If you want someone to love you unconditionally, get a dog. If you want to learn to write better essays, read other essays, comment on them, and change your writing!