What I tried to remember in this essay:
- - Motivating introduction. Thesis sentence.
- - Summarizing conclusion.
- - Supporting ideas in each paragraph.
- - Bringing the for side the second paragraph.
- - Avoiding generic, long and passive sentences.
- - Punctuation.
- - Cannot finish the essay on time.
- - Words won't come out easily. I need to think although I know a broad range of vocabularies but still I think and think like an idiot.
- - Coherence and cohesion. What if I memorize a number of generic linking sentences here?!
- - Ideas are my enemy. I often wonder if the examiner in Ielts exam would like to check my common information or not?!!!!
- most of the topics sounds to me like things as exist in the world and no need to write about them. Like topics about parents, education, family whatsoever... Gradually I am getting convinced that they are about to check my common knowledge....
"Some people think that recent media brings more disadvantages than advantages to society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?"
Media has become an inseparable subject in human life in recent decades. Some people believe that many social problems are directly linked with the media. However I think that media has changed our world in such a positive way that it is absolutely impossible to waive it.
Content of media usually is not supervised by social organizations. For example in case of TV, a huge variety of programs are broadcasted daily which most of them are not examined against social criterias. Many people who are against media argue that there is not a serious prosecution for companies who are willing to publish improper subjects such as drug through their programs. Another common argument is declared about the Internet as a new media. Many families are afraid whether or not their children’s activities in Internet social networks are safe or not.
On the other hand, the significant benefits of media is not hard to recognize in modern societies. For example in most European countries, it is now possible to book a flight conveniently through the Internet. In another situation, there is not a single choice anymore to go to the banks in order to pay for the bills. One can easily take advantage of mobile banking which is provided directly into his or her cell phone. Mobile banking is another example which rich media offers to us.
Amazing innovations in technology of media besides its numerous advantages has brought concerns as well. Whether the media has its own side effects in the society or not is a matter of debate. However, unprecedented benefits of rich media to mankind could vanish the dark side of this phenomenon.