Speaking Practice: Answering Questions: Bullying
Watch the videos and answer the questions! Short pauses have been added at the questions, but if you need more time, just hit pause in the video player. Don’t think too hard – just answer. The questions are different, but answering questions quickly is good practice for Part 3 in the IELTS Speaking test.
The videos are from the excellent ‘Kids React To…’ and ‘Teens React To…” and ‘Elders React To…” series by the Fine Brothers. You can see their Youtube channel here.
Video 3: Writefix Question Time: Kids React To… Bullying
(This video cannot be embedded. Click on the picture to open in a new window.)
Here are the questions from the video:
- Can you talk about what’s happening in the video?
- What about the kid that was filming it?
- Why is it good?
- Why do you think that he shouldn’t fight back?
- What is bullying?
- Why do you think that people become bullies?
- Have you ever been bullied?
- If this was happening in your school in the video and you came across it what do you think you would you have done?
- What do other kids do usually when they see other kids being bullied?
- Why is that a brave thing?
- You’ve heard of cyber-bullying. What is that?
- How can you help stop cyber-bullying?
- And it that the same as regular bullying? Is it worse? Is it better?
- What does your school do to educate you guys about bullying?
- So what ended up happening here was
- the school suspended the bully for 21 days and suspended the kid being bullied for four days. Do you think that’s fair?
- And do you think bullying will ever completely go away?
- What would you say to the kid that was getting picked on if you could talk to him?
- What do you want to say to all the bullies of the world?
For more information about bullying, visit