Speaking Practice: Answering Questions: A Video from the Future
Watch the videos and answer the questions! Short pauses have been added at the questions, but if you need more time, just hit pause in the video player.
Don’t think too hard – just answer. The questions are different, but answering questions quickly is good practice for Part 3 in the IELTS Speaking test.
The videos are from the excellent ‘Kids/Teens/Elders React To…’ series by the Fine Brothers. (Link is at the end of this page.)
Video 5: Writefix Question Time: Teens React To… A Conversation with my 12 Year Old Self
Here are the questions from the video (first question is at 2:25):
- Can you explain what that video was?
- How did it make you feel?
- You think this is real? That was really him at 12?
- Why not?
- Why do you think it was real?
- It’s really him at 12.
- Does the guy seem happy with the way his life turned out?
- Does he have regrets?
- Is there something when you were, even a younger kid that you really thought you wanted to be?
- What kind of thoughts did it give you watching someone talking to themself in the past like this?
- Do you think that your future self will be proud of you looking back on who you are as a person right now?
- If you could ask yourself in the future a question, what would you ask yourself?
- How old will you be in 20 years?
- What do you think your job will be in 20 years?
- So you talk to your future self, he tells you that your dream failed, what would you say to your older self?
- Isn’t it your fault?
- But you’re the reason it became that way!
- What would you say to yourself
- Are you afraid of getting old and not achieving your goals?
- What do you think your future self would tell you to stop doing right now?
- What do you think of this guy Jeremiah for pulling off something like this?
- And finally, look into the camera – this is your chance to say one final thing to yourself in the future.
Here’s the original A Conversation With My 12 Year Old Self: 20th Anniversary Edition video.
The videos are from the excellent ‘Kids/Teens/Elders React To…’ series by the Fine Brothers. You can see their Youtube channel here. Great for keeping up with viral videos!
But don’t just watch – practice answering the questions!